Of course most of us who have seen it love it for its nostaglic value and some very genuine scares. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. The result was Gargoyles, a really fine tale of horror and suspense, recently broadcast on The New CBS Tuesday Night Movies on the CBS Television Network. Winston did design the demon gargoyles’ teeth. | Some have horns, some have hair, it's a bit silly. I saw it again recently, and the gargoyle attack scenes still give me chills. I loved the use of a compressor on Bernie Casey's voice. “The men in those suits were sweating like there was no tomorrow and at the end of the day buckets of water came off each of these guys as they peeled off those rubber outfits. The worst part of all was the contact lenses, which I could wear only a few minutes, less than a half-hour, without extreme pain.

03 November 2017 This is one of my favorite Saturday afternoon Monster Movie Matinee (a Syracuse, NY show when I was a kid) staples. ” Casey didn’t say, but he seemed ready to agree that playing a gargoyle is probably tougher in many ways than playing professional football—the career that Casey gave up to become an actor. There are so many glaring cinematic blunders, but MY favorite is when Cornel Wilde and his daughter are traveling through the desert (right after he first picks her up) there is a quick shot that includes the back seat area where suddenly a man's knee pops up in plain sight as the car is traversing the bumpy road! He said, ‘my offspring, the gargoyles will one day rule the lord’s works, earth and man.’ And so it came to pass that while man ruled on earth the gargoyles waited, lurking hidden from the light. Starring Last saw it a couple years ago and it's still good cheesy fun. Performances are good (Cornel Wilde as the scientist/hero, Scott Glenn as the Rebel, and Jennifer Salt as the Girl Who Looks Good and Screams); in many ways this is a throwback to 50s drive-in sci fi-horror, and could have inspired the more recent'Tremors'. “But I probably wouldn’t want to play a monster again. I have to give Gargoyles an 8/10. Winston went to Del Armstrong, head of their Makeup Department, and asked Armstrong to allow Winston to work on the background creatures because that was what he wanted to do more than anything else. Stephen and Elinor Karpf, one of Hollywood’s most successful husband-and-wife writing teams, shared such a dream. And they're no more dangerous than a high school drop-out on a motorcycle. He worked with Ellis Burman, Jr. and veteran make-up artist Del Armstrong in designing the “gargoyle” special effects makeup for Bernie Casey, Mickey Alzola, Rock Walker and Greg Walker’s gargoyle character roles. A professor, known for literature on demonology, and his daughter, encounter ancient demonic creatures known as gargoyles while traveling in the desert—to visit an old timer known as Old Willie who claims to have a special skeleton worthy of his attention—that have been in an incubation stage for centuries, now hatched and building an army with the ultimate goal of wiping out mankind and assuming control of the planet! Hopefully some of you have had the privilege of viewing old horror movies on "Chiller Theater". This is one of those childhood films that has always stuck in my mind. “We knew the monsters weren’t really, monsters but we didn’t care.

But whoever in this day and age dreamed that they might actually exist? Found'em that way." Not too much to say about this little gem. That’s the same spirit we aimed for in Gargoyles. Cornel Wilde

It was a heavy, cumbersome, trying makeup. Anthropologist Dr. Mercer Boley (an excellent performance by Cornel Wilde) and his daughter Diana (nicely played by the lovely Jennifer Salt of Brian DePalma's "Sisters") discover a colony of lethal humanoid reptilian gargoyles living in the remote New Mexico desert who are planning on wiping out mankind. Highly recommended, great as a double feature with "Killdozer" (another 70's TV horror fave of mine).   |  Teleplay by Stephen and Elinor Karpf, Makeup by Ellis Burman and Stan Winston. An anthropologist and author (Cornel Wilde) who debunks supernatural myths and legends finds himself in possession of the remains of a gargoyle. So, no matter how cheap the effects were, the scare factor was great enough to stick with me all these years, I'm, 40 now! All I can say is that I jumped a number of times that night and although I've seen plenty of horror films since, I'd probably still jump during this one today. Scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. A hugely worthwhile little cult winner. Bill Norton’s “Gargoyles” won the 1973 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Makeup (Ellis Burman, Jr.; Stan Winston and Del Armstrong). The design of these little creatures fell to Winston.

Nice to know that judging by the comments on these pages I wasn't the only child terrified by this TVM . ( Log Out /  Man has forgotten his most ancient adversary… the gargoyles.!”. It absolutely scared the pants off me. “We filmed Gargoyles as a sort of valentine to that genre of horror movies that we used to enjoy in our neighborhood theatres when we were growing up, ” says Rosenberg.

Hal 9000 Simulator, Cause I'm A Sunflower A Little Funny Lyrics, Iron 3 Sulfite, Server Location Valorant, Komatsu Wa500 Vs Cat 980, Taylor Lacher Cause Of Death, Indie Instagram Captions, Acer Nitro Vg270 Review, Tina Wesson Instagram, Rimkus Le Petit Lamine Histoire, Iain M Banks Culture Series Pdf, Landscape Rock Sling, Dragon Princess Movie, Signification Rêve Intrusion Domicile, Read Theory Reviews, Rabbit One Droopy Ear, Heaviest Person Alive Today, Virtual Families 2 Ghost Child, Estranged Family Stories Reddit, Venus De Citeres Wikipedia, Wood Badge Syllabus 2019, Olga Costa Famous Paintings, Miele Washing Machine Technical Fault F53, Are The Hunters Of Artemis Real, Aldi Italian Soda, Future Ft Nba Youngboy Trillionaire Lyrics, Kronos Workforce Login, Passing Omega Labs Hair Test, Automatic Hand Sanitizer Dispenser, How To Set Temperature On Ge Monogram Refrigerator, Best Caddyshack Scenes, Vodafone Employee Benefits Australia, What Three Groups Does Socrates Test In The Apology, Female Version Of Clayton, How To Hack Linksys Parental Controls, George Gervin Stats, Large Shopping Malls Are Replacing Small Shops Ielts Essay, George Watson Journalist, Can You Gift A Battletag Change, Gabriel Jarret Apollo 13, Fabric Mask Template, Twitter Password Hack V5 2013, The Spirituals And The Blues Summary, Fred Davis Net Worth, Artifacts Ark Valguero, Mcpe Gun Addon, Mark Johnson Oracle Net Worth, Atf Memes Reddit, Diy Modern Hall Tree, Nebraska Hog Hunting, Alquiler De Apartamentos En Sabana, Morgan Roof 2020, 20 Mg Melatonin Dreams, Jacque Reid Married, " /> gargoyles movie 1972
Of course most of us who have seen it love it for its nostaglic value and some very genuine scares. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. The result was Gargoyles, a really fine tale of horror and suspense, recently broadcast on The New CBS Tuesday Night Movies on the CBS Television Network. Winston did design the demon gargoyles’ teeth. | Some have horns, some have hair, it's a bit silly. I saw it again recently, and the gargoyle attack scenes still give me chills. I loved the use of a compressor on Bernie Casey's voice. “The men in those suits were sweating like there was no tomorrow and at the end of the day buckets of water came off each of these guys as they peeled off those rubber outfits. The worst part of all was the contact lenses, which I could wear only a few minutes, less than a half-hour, without extreme pain.

03 November 2017 This is one of my favorite Saturday afternoon Monster Movie Matinee (a Syracuse, NY show when I was a kid) staples. ” Casey didn’t say, but he seemed ready to agree that playing a gargoyle is probably tougher in many ways than playing professional football—the career that Casey gave up to become an actor. There are so many glaring cinematic blunders, but MY favorite is when Cornel Wilde and his daughter are traveling through the desert (right after he first picks her up) there is a quick shot that includes the back seat area where suddenly a man's knee pops up in plain sight as the car is traversing the bumpy road! He said, ‘my offspring, the gargoyles will one day rule the lord’s works, earth and man.’ And so it came to pass that while man ruled on earth the gargoyles waited, lurking hidden from the light. Starring Last saw it a couple years ago and it's still good cheesy fun. Performances are good (Cornel Wilde as the scientist/hero, Scott Glenn as the Rebel, and Jennifer Salt as the Girl Who Looks Good and Screams); in many ways this is a throwback to 50s drive-in sci fi-horror, and could have inspired the more recent'Tremors'. “But I probably wouldn’t want to play a monster again. I have to give Gargoyles an 8/10. Winston went to Del Armstrong, head of their Makeup Department, and asked Armstrong to allow Winston to work on the background creatures because that was what he wanted to do more than anything else. Stephen and Elinor Karpf, one of Hollywood’s most successful husband-and-wife writing teams, shared such a dream. And they're no more dangerous than a high school drop-out on a motorcycle. He worked with Ellis Burman, Jr. and veteran make-up artist Del Armstrong in designing the “gargoyle” special effects makeup for Bernie Casey, Mickey Alzola, Rock Walker and Greg Walker’s gargoyle character roles. A professor, known for literature on demonology, and his daughter, encounter ancient demonic creatures known as gargoyles while traveling in the desert—to visit an old timer known as Old Willie who claims to have a special skeleton worthy of his attention—that have been in an incubation stage for centuries, now hatched and building an army with the ultimate goal of wiping out mankind and assuming control of the planet! Hopefully some of you have had the privilege of viewing old horror movies on "Chiller Theater". This is one of those childhood films that has always stuck in my mind. “We knew the monsters weren’t really, monsters but we didn’t care.

But whoever in this day and age dreamed that they might actually exist? Found'em that way." Not too much to say about this little gem. That’s the same spirit we aimed for in Gargoyles. Cornel Wilde

It was a heavy, cumbersome, trying makeup. Anthropologist Dr. Mercer Boley (an excellent performance by Cornel Wilde) and his daughter Diana (nicely played by the lovely Jennifer Salt of Brian DePalma's "Sisters") discover a colony of lethal humanoid reptilian gargoyles living in the remote New Mexico desert who are planning on wiping out mankind. Highly recommended, great as a double feature with "Killdozer" (another 70's TV horror fave of mine).   |  Teleplay by Stephen and Elinor Karpf, Makeup by Ellis Burman and Stan Winston. An anthropologist and author (Cornel Wilde) who debunks supernatural myths and legends finds himself in possession of the remains of a gargoyle. So, no matter how cheap the effects were, the scare factor was great enough to stick with me all these years, I'm, 40 now! All I can say is that I jumped a number of times that night and although I've seen plenty of horror films since, I'd probably still jump during this one today. Scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. A hugely worthwhile little cult winner. Bill Norton’s “Gargoyles” won the 1973 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Makeup (Ellis Burman, Jr.; Stan Winston and Del Armstrong). The design of these little creatures fell to Winston.

Nice to know that judging by the comments on these pages I wasn't the only child terrified by this TVM . ( Log Out /  Man has forgotten his most ancient adversary… the gargoyles.!”. It absolutely scared the pants off me. “We filmed Gargoyles as a sort of valentine to that genre of horror movies that we used to enjoy in our neighborhood theatres when we were growing up, ” says Rosenberg.

Hal 9000 Simulator, Cause I'm A Sunflower A Little Funny Lyrics, Iron 3 Sulfite, Server Location Valorant, Komatsu Wa500 Vs Cat 980, Taylor Lacher Cause Of Death, Indie Instagram Captions, Acer Nitro Vg270 Review, Tina Wesson Instagram, Rimkus Le Petit Lamine Histoire, Iain M Banks Culture Series Pdf, Landscape Rock Sling, Dragon Princess Movie, Signification Rêve Intrusion Domicile, Read Theory Reviews, Rabbit One Droopy Ear, Heaviest Person Alive Today, Virtual Families 2 Ghost Child, Estranged Family Stories Reddit, Venus De Citeres Wikipedia, Wood Badge Syllabus 2019, Olga Costa Famous Paintings, Miele Washing Machine Technical Fault F53, Are The Hunters Of Artemis Real, Aldi Italian Soda, Future Ft Nba Youngboy Trillionaire Lyrics, Kronos Workforce Login, Passing Omega Labs Hair Test, Automatic Hand Sanitizer Dispenser, How To Set Temperature On Ge Monogram Refrigerator, Best Caddyshack Scenes, Vodafone Employee Benefits Australia, What Three Groups Does Socrates Test In The Apology, Female Version Of Clayton, How To Hack Linksys Parental Controls, George Gervin Stats, Large Shopping Malls Are Replacing Small Shops Ielts Essay, George Watson Journalist, Can You Gift A Battletag Change, Gabriel Jarret Apollo 13, Fabric Mask Template, Twitter Password Hack V5 2013, The Spirituals And The Blues Summary, Fred Davis Net Worth, Artifacts Ark Valguero, Mcpe Gun Addon, Mark Johnson Oracle Net Worth, Atf Memes Reddit, Diy Modern Hall Tree, Nebraska Hog Hunting, Alquiler De Apartamentos En Sabana, Morgan Roof 2020, 20 Mg Melatonin Dreams, Jacque Reid Married, " />

gargoyles movie 1972

| It would creep us out when the head gargoyle would flap his wings as he made an escape. Very few films with the exception of the QUATERMASS movies had that effect on me and recently had the pleasure of watching it again .

What really sells it now to me is Scott Glenn, man does he have a great final moment and I always remembered that from first watching this as a kid. In this day and age of CG graphics and $100M budgets, some would say this movie wouldn't stack up. I think I read somewhere once that it was the first horror movie ever to be made for TV. But pride welled in his breast. That's really all it takes to be good in the world of television movies. Eyes bug out all around, including yours!

Gargoyles has become a classic TV horror movie since it’s 1972 showing It was one of the most frightening films of the genre. ---and those gargoyle babies, they're oh so cute! Gargoyles – not related or to be confused with the excellent animated tv series Gargoyles (1994-6) – is a classic tv movie that has gained a reasonable reputation, even what could be regarded as cult status.

I am rather proud of that one since I still get fan mail about it even now.” – (David Del Valle Interview with Cornel Wilde), CAST/CREW “ Fortunately , I am not claustrophobic,” says Casey. | I think I was 8 years-old when I saw Gargoyles back in 1972. Filmed on location in Carlsbad Caverns, New Mexico. Well worth seeing. Her son Matt helped paint ping pong balls which were used in making the gargoyle costumes. Ooohhhh, spooky fun! Now it has been hundreds of so many years that it seems the ancient statues and paintings of gargoyles are just products of man’s imagination. Then the lead gargoyle has taught himself to speak English, a little bit lamer. Yes, it was Vic Perrin, the "Control Voice" from The Outer Limits, who narrated the opening of Gargoyles.

Hal 9000 Simulator, Cause I'm A Sunflower A Little Funny Lyrics, Iron 3 Sulfite, Server Location Valorant, Komatsu Wa500 Vs Cat 980, Taylor Lacher Cause Of Death, Indie Instagram Captions, Acer Nitro Vg270 Review, Tina Wesson Instagram, Rimkus Le Petit Lamine Histoire, Iain M Banks Culture Series Pdf, Landscape Rock Sling, Dragon Princess Movie, Signification Rêve Intrusion Domicile, Read Theory Reviews, Rabbit One Droopy Ear, Heaviest Person Alive Today, Virtual Families 2 Ghost Child, Estranged Family Stories Reddit, Venus De Citeres Wikipedia, Wood Badge Syllabus 2019, Olga Costa Famous Paintings, Miele Washing Machine Technical Fault F53, Are The Hunters Of Artemis Real, Aldi Italian Soda, Future Ft Nba Youngboy Trillionaire Lyrics, Kronos Workforce Login, Passing Omega Labs Hair Test, Automatic Hand Sanitizer Dispenser, How To Set Temperature On Ge Monogram Refrigerator, Best Caddyshack Scenes, Vodafone Employee Benefits Australia, What Three Groups Does Socrates Test In The Apology, Female Version Of Clayton, How To Hack Linksys Parental Controls, George Gervin Stats, Large Shopping Malls Are Replacing Small Shops Ielts Essay, George Watson Journalist, Can You Gift A Battletag Change, Gabriel Jarret Apollo 13, Fabric Mask Template, Twitter Password Hack V5 2013, The Spirituals And The Blues Summary, Fred Davis Net Worth, Artifacts Ark Valguero, Mcpe Gun Addon, Mark Johnson Oracle Net Worth, Atf Memes Reddit, Diy Modern Hall Tree, Nebraska Hog Hunting, Alquiler De Apartamentos En Sabana, Morgan Roof 2020, 20 Mg Melatonin Dreams, Jacque Reid Married,

About

No Comments

Leave a Comment